In the world of beauty and makeup, it seems that black eyeliner rivals red lipstick as the one coveted item that every beauty junkie needs, yet it takes many efforts of trial and error to find that one perfect formula that exactly gets the look you want, that perfect black that’s subtly nuanced or dense in its color. The best black eyeliners are the chosen pencils, kohls, and crayons that effortlessly embody the darkest color in the spectrum’s undeniably elusive seductive appeal. “Colored” eyeliner, as what the other hues of the rainbow are referred to, are certainly fun and still oddly unexpected, yet black remains so classic and alluring whether it’s worn as part of a more Gothic/Victorian inspired ensemble, punk rock a la Joan Jett, by a glamour puss on any red carpet, or even the most type-A businesswoman rocking a clean, slightly curved drawn line on her top lid only. No matter the outfit or setting, black eyeliner as a part of a beauty routine gives anyone the look of a femme fatale.
Below are the Top 5 Best Blackest of Black Eyeliners (in no particular order):
- Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Onyx
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Perversion
- Ultraflesh The Ultimate Jet Black Eyeliner Collection
- Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeliner in Black (the best drugstore black eye pencil)
- Aveda Petal Essence Eye Definer in Black Orchid
- M.A.C. Eye Kohl Liner Pencil in Smolder
- Too Faced Lava Gloss Eyeliner in Black (which also used to be available in a gorgeous jewel-toned navy blue and a super chocolate brown).
- Sephora Collection Smoky Kohl Eyeliner in Black (though becomes slightly difficult to re-sharpen after it starts to wind down towards the middle).
this writer can be reached at email@example.com