Finding the right eye pencil is a task in itself, but a great liquid or gel eyeliner is almost as annoying since the precision has to be so much more immaculate and clean whether you adorn your eyes with a prototype cat-eye (a la Adele and Angelina Jolie) or the unconventional “graphic eyeliner” look.
The best liquid eyeliners, in black or in other colors, are not all made equal as the biggest disappointments are when they dry fast and fade even faster or it stays put but the color is just not dark enough, it’s almost appears like an ashy black.
A standard ink pot of liquid liner is usually the best, and occasionally pens are great for flawless lines, and markers are often the least qualified. Gel formulas may be the hardest to achieve a look with as while gel doesn’t migrate as much as a traditional liquid, applying it causes a little more of anxiety, even more than liquid liner for us butterfingers.
The best liquid liners are the most saturated with the color black, but even better, provide the easiest manner of concentration needed to get that swerves, streaks, and outlines right on the dot (or line).
The Top 7 Best Blackest of Black Liquid Eyeliners (in no particular order):
- N.Y.C. New York Color Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Wet ‘n Wild Megaliner in Black
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion
- Sephora Long-Lasting Eye Liner in Black
- Topshop Magic Liner in Engraved
- BeneFit Magic Ink Liquid Liner in Jet Black
- M.A.C. Liquid Liner in Boot Black
- Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black